Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Fourth of July Challenge

I am having a challenge for all my friends to join.  I am going to start by running around Lake Centennial as a warm up which anyone just looking for a good run, I will be out there for at 8:15 am.  Not that it will take me 45 minutes to run around the lake but I will probably run a little extra till 9 am to meet anyone who wants to try and get their workout done before hitting up their BBQ and drinking or hanging out with friends and family.

Schedule:
9 am meet at lake centennial-will edit with directions later tonight.
   Warm up
9:15 Start exercise

Run for approximately 8 minutes around the lake at a ten min/mil pace (running as a group is encouraged)
50 burpees
Run for 3 minutes
75 squats
Run for 3 minutes
Push up to side planks (5 second holds) x 10 on each side
Run for 3 minutes
flutter kicks (counts of 4) x 25
Run for 3 minutes
50 push ups (start with full push up and work into modified knee position)
Bicycle Crunch (count of 4) x25
Run for remaining course Indian Run Style (if a group of 5+ makes it otherwise, run interval pacing at Jillianne's pace)

 Stretch

This should take about 45 minutes to complete the entire circuit around the lake.

This is open to anyone who wants to come.  Everyone should be able to keep up with the cardio, we wont be going fast.  And the exercises we will do our best, not everyone can hit these counts right now.

For every person (21+) that comes I will bring you an ice cold beer for after(Don't judge me you Girls on the Run fans, drinking responsibly is OK).  I will also have cold water for anyone who needs it afterwards.  And some sliced watermelon.

Come out and get your Fourth of July off to a great start!  And hey, like I said, I will provide the beer as your motivation to come out (its 5 o'clock somewhere, right!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment