Monday, May 21, 2012

I am Famous ;-)

Saturday night I ran the Warrior Dash with a group of amazing women from my gym: http://88bjj.com/  .  Seriously, this group has been wonderful supporting me when I am so new there and coming out to support my little team.  So the least I could do was go have a good time with them at the Warrior Dash. 

For those of you who don't know the Warrior Dash (not to be confused with the Tough Mudder which i plan on doing soon too) is a 5k Obstacle course.  You can find videos of it everywhere. 

Anyways, after driving for two hours and rushing to get our race bibs we we super excited to run our course partnering up with someone at a similar skill level.  At the end you have you have to crawl through a mud pit for about 15 yards (that is 45 feet of basically swimming through mud).  This might not sound like much but we were covered from head to toe in MUD.  It was awesome getting a team picture with the people that all completed the course.  And as we walked off to get hosed off, a woman stopped me.

Woman:  I am sorry, but are you a Girls on the Run coach?

Me: um, Yes, How did you know that.  (checks myself to see if I am wearing any GotR logo gear, I do on occasion)

Woman: My daughter, Ally, the little girl over there (a little girl of about 6-7 years old playing with a ball of mud that I had just had a conversation with looks over at me bashfully) recognized you. 

Me: wow!  She did, but she isn't even old enough to be on a team? 

Alright, we could go through this whole conversation but short end of the story, the girl had come to the spring 5k with her sister and mother and recognized me because of me wearing a tutu at the event.  I was so amazed, I felt famous because not only was I two hours away from home, they had come from even further since they are from one of the schools in the neighboring county that just joined our Chapter of GotR. 

So here I was, covered in mud beyond recognition in my opinion, over two hours from home, wearing absolutely nothing relating to my team or to GotR in general and a little girl out of a huge crowd recognized me! 

I definitely went back up to her and chatted with her for a little bit.  But seriously, it was so cool that I had to share with everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment